martes, 7 de marzo de 2017

Free Agency 2017


   It’s almost time for March madness and my prediction of Jeffery sticking with the team is most likely about to be incorrect and I can say I don’t care not because I got it wrong but because of what looks like is going to happen at the QB position for the Bears. It looks like the Cutler era is coming to an end leaving us with 1 QB signed as of now being Connor Shaw who is a raw talent at best, they could bring back Matt Barkley or maybe some other experimental QB free agent, getting back Brian Hoyer isn’t a bad idea if he comes cheap but this is what makes my stomach turn, Hoyer would be the starting QB most likely at that sucks because (as I’ve said before)  he is not better than Cutler in which he doesn’t have the tools to win and that’s why it would bother me to lose Jeffery, he would be used to his strengths as a physical possession receiver who is not fast but plays the deep rebounding guy. For a time there was the consideration of trading for Jimmy Garoppolo which I would mind if it was for a second round pick but for me that would mean that in this draft you don’t draft a QB because you would be using to picks for a QB and I don’t like that when you’re still in the process of filling up your whole team with talent in every position specially when losing your #1 receiver, I wouldn’t mind if it’s for next year’s first pick thou. Now there’s rumors that were all in for Mike Glennon, who is probably going to get Cutlers paychecks for the remainder if his soon to expire contract and I say… sure why not. I don’t have anything against Cutler but I do believe that it’s fair to say that the present team of coaches don’t want him or don’t know how to use him, he is to banged up and he isn’t getting any younger and if they like the tools that Glennon bring to the table then what the hell, let’s see this new blood which will play a crucial role for John Fox and Dowell Loggains jobs, I’m not throwing in GM Ryan Pace here yet because he should be evaluated more with his draft and contract decisions. If Glennon is going to be on board, I believe Chicago will be drafting a QB in this year’s draft with their 2nd or one of their 4th rounder’s. All of this doesn’t really matter on who get the QB1 reigns if the tackle positions don’t get upgraded, moving along.
   I can see the Bears going deep in free agency, I got a list of possible players they can get but can’t say if they can get them all not really knowing what value they deserve so I’ll just write the here and see what happens it the next days to come.

WRs: Cordarelle Patterson (KR)*
Kenny Stills (slot)
Anquan Boldin (reliable, cheap?)

TEs: Dion Sims, Mychal Rivera, Gavin Escobar (the one that blocks better should be singed*).

OT: Ricky Wagner RT
Kelvin Beachum LT (if he comes with a discount)

RB: Latavious Murray (if he comes cheap, I believe he can be a 3rd down back catching the ball and blocking)

ILB: Gerald Hodges, Zach Brown, Kevin Minter (the one the team sees more potential or comes cheaper).

OLB: Datone Jones, Nick Perry (cheapest backup).

CB: Logan Ryan, Stephone Gilmore (cheap is todays word).

S: Micah Hyde (versatile, solid)*
Bradley McDouglad (box SS, special teams? Cheap?)
Tony Jefferson (maybe to $$)

NT: Bennie Logan (run stuffer, depends $)*
Brandon Williams, Johnathan Hankins (maybe to $$)

DE: Calias Campbell ($$ worth it, depends on the other needs)*


QB Mike Glennon (better than Hoyer I guess…)

* Refers to the players I really want on the team

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario