viernes, 4 de septiembre de 2020

2020 53 Man roster prediction

   Coronavirus is a pain in the ass to say the least but having to live with it and thousands of idiots ignoring it is more painful to the body, mind and soul. 

   I still cant believe there is going to be a 2020 NFL season, or at least that it's going to start. In a way, for me,  it really doesn't feel right that this is happening, because it's not like its really necessary to have a season played and have people risk their lives and/or others for the sake of entertainment. For the viewer it may help as a distraction from the world, for some working on this industry means to keep their jobs a float, so there is positives to this but I just hope the cost isn't steep. I still have a job and Im thankful for it,  have to leave the safety of my house to do it and for me it's hard to leave and come back to possibly become a threat to others or myself. Sometimes I question myself if it's worth it, at the end its necessity that ends the question.

   Anyway back to business, with no preseason to watch the new faces its a bit harder to know what these guys bring to the table so it shouldn't be weird for coaches to go with the guys they already know. This is what I think will be this years Chicago Bears 53 man roster.


QB - Mitchell Trubisky, Nick Foles.

I believe Trubisky will be the starter and will have to get on the winning column early and often if he wants to keep it. Foles can get to know more his teammates on the bench until he is needed if ever.


RB - David Montgomery, Ryan Nall, Artavis Pierce

Montgomery will be the lead back once he recovers, although Nall is the more experience complete back, I believe that there will be more gadget plays with Patterson and Cohen.


FLEX - Cordarrelle Patterson, Tarik Cohen

Fantasy mode on. Patterson seems to be a jack of all trades in training camp this year so I gave him a special spot with Cohen as his backup who is nothing like him but brings the same terror to the backfield if you mismatch him.


WR - Allen Robinson, Anthony Miller, Ted Ginn Jr., Riley Ridley, Darnell Mooney, Javon Wims

Who is going to step up and be Robinsons Robin? Much is expected of Miller this year and has shown he has talent to get open, I expect Ridley to push for the job as well. There is talk that Mooney is impressing coaches which would be fantastic if he can bring his speed as soon as posible to this offense that has plenty of height but lacks burners.


TE - Jimmy Graham, Cole Kmet, Demetrious Harris, J.P. Holtz

At the beginning there were ten. It comes down to four... I think, could be five if they really want five and give Jasper Horsted a spot. Lets see how much veterans Graham and Harris can hold on and help get Kmet up to speed. 


OL - Charles Leno Jr, James Daniels, Cody Whitehair, Germain Ifedi, Bobby Massie, Jason Spriggs, Alex Bars, Sam Mustipher.

I really don't want to put Coward here as much as I would like to see someone else at RT that is not Massie, I still believe that Bars can snag the spot.


DL - Akiem Hicks, Bilail Nichols, Roy Robertson-Harris, Abdullah Anderson, John Jenkins, Brent Urban

Goldman will be missed, like, a lot. I fear for the run defense. Offenses might get 3 yards a carry now.


ILB - Danny Trevathan, Roquan Smith, Joel Iyiegbuniwe, Josh Woods

This group stays the same, good but still not great, it depends on how much Smith has progressed.


OLB - Khalil Mack, Robert Quinn, Barkevious Mingo, Isaiah Irving, Trevis Gipson

If Quinn is a s advertised, this defense is going to be fun to watch. 


CB - Kyle Fuller, Jaylon Johnson, Buster Skrine, Kevin Toliver, Sherrick McManis, Kindle Vildor

This group is shaky and full of doubts. I expect much growth from Johnson and Vildor at the end of this season, it's all I can ask from them.

S - Eddie Jackson, Deon Bush, Tashaun Gipson, DeAndre Houston-Carson

Im giving Bush the SS spot, he know the defense and I believe the line will need an enforcer to help them with the run. Then again, I can be way off and Gipson gets the starting spot because he seems better in coverage and with a shaky situation on one side of the field oposite of Fuller maybe this would be better.

SP - Cairo Santos, Pat O´Donnell, Patrick Scales

Eddy Pineiro getting injured got Santos singed, I have seen what happens to kickers when they get injured and usually their performance goes down that year or don't play at all.

McManis, Bush and Mingo should bring some good experience to SP.


Ok, so now its wait and see what happens. Maybe five TEs.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario